Sunday, March 25, 2012

Speaking of integrating more technology into the classroom...

This week I had the second (and last for the year) classroom observation by my supervisor.  I did a SMART Board lesson on the states of matter, and my students did a wonderful job (the SMART Board was key for keeping them engaged and focused!).  Following the lesson (drumroll please...), my supervisor presented me with my very own classroom iPad!  I was beyond thrilled!  Up until now, my wonderful classroom assistant had brought in her personal iPad for the students to use, since it had not been in the budget for us to receive our own.  Thanks to a generous business-owner in our community, we have been donated one for our classroom.  I have been in the App Store all week and have found a plethora of wonderful (and free!) apps for my middle school multi-handicapped classroom.  I look forward to sharing some of these apps with you and would love suggestions on apps that have been successful for your students.

No comments:

Post a Comment